3/21/11

Spring Cleaning

Now that I am at home full time, taking care of my beautiful son, I have a lot more time to observe all the things in the house that don't "work" for us. Like the endlessly growing piles of paper junk that accumulates in the living room, dining room, and library. Or the never-ending stream of baby toys, clothes, shoes, hats, blankets and other debris that can be found in every room in the house. Or the closet and dresser that are never empty, even when all the laundry baskets are full. We are being taken over by stuff! In addition to feeling a bit overrun by stuff, and longing for open spaces, filled with light, fresh air, fresh flowers (you know - the stuff of magazine spreads, not real houses) we have had a bout of illness that has hit the whole family one at a time, and I am just coming back to some health myself. Therefore I feel that it is high time for some wall-to-wall cleaning to get any lingering germs out. So, without further ado... I am embarking (albeit 3 weeks late...) on the Simple Mom: Project Simplify. Five weeks to a more orderly, tidy, simplified home. Sounds like heaven to me. Stay tuned for progress...

No comments: